SUFC Juniors is one of the 12 Junior Rugby Districts in the Sydney metropolitan area. We currently have three affiliated Junior Village Clubs in Canterbury, Petersham and Balmain who provide the opportunity for young players to learn and play rugby from age 5 to 17 years. Both girls and boys are welcome.
Sydney University Juniors enter representative teams at the NSW State Junior Championships held in June each year. These are for ages 10 through to 17 and are very competitively contested by the Sydney District teams, 2 combined NSW Country teams and often Victoria and ACT selections.
With approximately 100 registered participants for ages U10 to U14, the program was designed to upskill players as well as their coaches and to talent identify players with the potential for selection of representative players in the annual State Championships.
If you want the opportunity to represent SUFC at the junior ranks you will need to register and play with either of our affiliated junior clubs.
- SUFC Junior Development Officer - Chris Talakai firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canterbury Juniors - Paul Dagarin (President) email@example.com
- Petersham Juniors - Adam Dunn (President) Dunnstars@gmail.com
- Balmain Juniors - Matt Percell (President) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sydney University Juniors - Fergus Duncan (President) email@example.com
2018 Junior Development Program
SUFC will be running a 7-week Junior Development Program in the new year!
The Program is available to boys and girls over the age of 10 and has been designed to provide ongoing development opportunities as well as Rugby Union Awareness to the local community. The Program will enhance, nurture and develop your child’s skills in rugby within a safe environment.
The Program will have your children training like the SUFC players and will provide them with the chance to see the senior players in action!
Benefits of your child participating in this program include:
- Being coached by accredited personal and players from SUFC – you will train like Uni (Testing, skills and contact drills, skill games)
- Assessing and improving techniques. (Improve tackling, passing, running, lineouts, scrummaging, breakdown and support play)
- Improve fitness
- Training top
- Opportunity to watch SUFC train post Junior Development Program sessions
- BBQ’s, team photos and awards
- 2018 SUFC Cubs Membership
The Sydney University Football Club 2018 Junior Development Program will run from Tuesday 16th January until Tuesday 27th February 2018 (7 week program). Sessions will be held every Tuesday 5pm - 6pm at St Paul’s College Oval, University of Sydney, Camperdown.
- Please complete the online registration form - https://goo.gl/forms/6VjCjMlq0DsI9dSW2
- There is a registration fee of $60 per player for the Program - payments are to be made online - http://www.sydneyunirugby.com.au/shop/item/sufc-junior-development-camp-2018
Places are reserved on a first come first serve basis; places are not confirmed until both the application form and payment have been received.
Any queries please contact Chris Talakai on 0403508646 or firstname.lastname@example.org